The C.O.MM Fire Department has been providing fire protection and emergency services for the villages of Centerville, Osterville, and Marstons Mills for over 85 years. We are proud to expand our services to the community with the introduction of a new program specifically designed for our senior residents. For residents age 65 or older we offer a free home safety visit.
During our visit fire personnel will provide any or all of the following services:
- Install battery operated smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- Change batteries in alarms
- Install house numbers
- Check home for general fire safety
- Check home for trip and slip hazards
- Assist residents in organizing their emergency medical information (File of Life)
- Address any concerns residents may have
- Residential lock boxes – provide information and order forms
It is the goal of the fire department to keep our senior residents safe and healthy by providing education and promoting prevention. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call the C.O.MM Fire Prevention Office at 508-790-2375 ext 1.