The Centerville-Osterville-Marstons Mills Fire-Rescue and Emergency Services is a full-time department operating with fire-rescue stations in the villages of Osterville, Marstons Mills and the Headquarters Station in Centerville.
The Department was formed in 1926, building fire stations in the villages of Centerville and Osterville with one 1925 Maxim for each village. Marstons Mills became part of the District in 1956 and a fire station was built there during 1974-1975.
The District encompasses approximately 26 square miles, 8 miles of open ocean with many bays and inlets. The District has a population of approximately 28,000 year round residents and a summer population of over 40,000 in June, July and August.